Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Choice of stamp- process

One of my favorite things to do is make my own background papers.  There are many ways to do this. You can use exspensive sprays and paints, but you can use what you have in the home too.  I used 2 color inks, a bath puff, 1 makeup sponge and rubber cement.  I finished the card with Perfect Pearls mist (which was not needed) and a few markers (which was also not needed)
So I decided to make my own background design.  I took a beige piece of cardstock and stamped a store bought stamp on it.  (I purchased this oak leaf at Michael's for $.50 clearance)  I rotated the stamp as I stamped it on the paper. 


Once I stamp the sheet I cut it down to size. At this point I grabbed some sponges and a puff to work up the paper more.


I picked a color

I took the puff and stamped ink on it and stamped it all over the sheet.


I took a make up sponge and decided to use the same ink as I did the puff.


A slight dip in the ink and just rib it on the edges.





 


Ready for action






Stamped the puff again on the card, used the same ink as before.


I added a dabs of ink with a make-up sponge to add depth.


To glue the piece together I used rubber cement (I am allergic to it so I have to be extremely careful)
Apply the rubber cement to both pieces. let it dry.


Once dry add them together.  I added some yellow to the eyes, orange to the beak and used my water brush to add some Distress ink (vintage photo) to the body and Distress ink (evergreen bought) for the belly.  Once I was done I sprayed the card with once spray only of Perfect Pearls Mist:  Heirloom Gold












2 comments:

  1. I like the effect you get with the puff. I never know what to use to apply ink when I want a thin, scattered effect. I'm going to stop in the dollar store and get a few supplies so I can try these things out!

    -- Penfeather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always surprised what tricks you have up your sleeve. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete